Flamig Farm offers a variety of activities for children ages 2 – 5. As described below, they give your young ones the opportunity to grow and learn in a safe and fun environment. Who knows? Maybe a start on the Farm will lead to a career for your child in veterinary medicine, agriculture research or sustainable food production for people all over the world!
Little Farmers Center
Little Farmers Center is pleased to announce a Spring Session has been added! Little Farmers Center is a fun-filled, farm-based program, dedicated to enhancing your child’s needs. Kelly Schumacher, a certified special education teacher, will be the facilitator of this program. Your child will be taught age-appropriate skills while incorporating farm and nature-based learning into the program. Children may attend without a caregiver, but caregivers are always welcome! This part time program, designed for 4 and 5 year olds, will run Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30-12:00. It will begin on March 15th, 2023 and will continue until June 14, 2023 The cost for the session is $2000. Payment options are available at the time of registration.
Bees All Around Us Educational Day 5/30/23
Bring your 3-5 year old for a morning to Focus on the Importance of "Bees in our World" with our preschool instructors Debbie, Stella and Kate. This one day class will start with a story and a craft for your little one. We will have a special guest who is the Beekeeper for the hives on the farm who will share his knowledge on how to care for Bees. We will have a honey tasting and every child will leave with a small jar of honey! We might even take a hayride across the street to go see the hives also if the weather cooperates.
The class runs from 10:00 am to 11:45 am and the cost is $40 per child/with one caregiver/parent allowed. Free petting zoo admission if you would like to visit the farm animals before/after your class.
Farmer Kate Tripp
Kate Tripp is a local mom of two children and loves animals! She has attended the toddler program at Flamig Farm with her daughter and is excited to be leading the series in the fall!
Farmer Stella is excited to join the Flamig Family this Fall as a the toddler program facilitator. She has been teaching for 15 years and volunteering in Farmington schools as well. She enjoys family time, reading, and spending time outdoors. She is looking forward to getting to know everyone at Flamig and starting the toddler classes. It will be a fun fall!
Farmer Debbie Lane
Hi everyone, My name is Debbie Lane. I am a Canton resident and have worked for the past 30 years in the field of early childhood education. I recently retired from Canton Community Nursery School after 20 years where I served as the schools Director and Head Teacher. I am very excited to become a part of Flamig Farm staff this fall and sharing my love of animals and the outdoors with your children. I look forward to seeing you all in September.
Toddlers on the Farm - Ages 2 to 3
Two and three year-olds attend with a caregiver for a morning of farm fun. Each session includes some craft and activity time, a circle with story and songs, a visit with one of our animals and a pony or hayride. Admission to the petting zoo is included so you can enjoy the farm more before or after your session.Siblings under age 2 are free to attend... Please NO siblings older than child enrolled
2023 April Classes
- • Classes run from 9:30-10:45 am
- • Dates for Tuesdays are April 4, 11, 18 and 25 at 9:30 am -10:45 am & 11:00 am-12:15 pm with Farmer Debbie (cost is $110 for 4 weeks)
- • Dates for Thursdays are April 6 ,13, 20 and 27 with Farmer Kate from 9:30-10:45 am (cost i s $110 for 4 weeks)
2023 April Classes
- • Classes run from 10:00-11:15 am or 11:15-12:30 pm
- • Dates for Wednesdays are April 5, 12, 19 and 26 with Farmer Stella(cost is $110 for 4 weeks)
Fun on the Farm - Ages 4 to 5
- • Classes run from 11:15-12:45 PM
- • Children have a fabulous time exploring the farm more in depth as we focus on a different animal each week. Our time together will include a craft or activity, farm chore, visit with the animals, story and song time and lots of fun! Children may attend without a caregiver, but caregivers are welcome.
- • Price to attend is $150 (4 Classes) 2023 April Classes
- • Dates for Thursdays are April 6, 13, 20 and 27 with Farmer Kate (cost is $150 for 4 weeks)
- • Dates for Tuesdays are October 4, 11, 18 and 25 with Debbie Lane (cost is $150 for 4 weeks)
- • Dates for Thursdays are October 6, 13, 20 and 27 with Farmer Kate (cost is $150 for 4 weeks)
2022 October Classes